Granton Primary School
|1937||E J MacRae, City Architect|
The school moved to this building from a much smaller school at West Granton Road.
A new school was needed to serve the growing community, and was built at around the same time as the houses in the area, many built and let by Edinburgh Corporation – the local authority at the time. The opportunity was taken to locate the new school in the area where new houses were being built.
A number of schools were being built in other parts of the city at this time, and Craigmillar Primary School (Harewood Terrace, Edinburgh) is of a similar design.